Why would you need an EICR?
Sometimes known as Electrical Testing, getting an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) is required, in several situations:
- To ensure your electrics are safe and up to current standards. We would recommend having an EICR every ten years as a minimum.
- For homebuyers to ensure the property you are investing in is safe and allowing you to negotiate on the property’s purchase price, should work be required.
- Also, home sellers to ensure you don’t have any nasty surprises. Should your buyer have this report on your property and suddenly start negotiating on the sale price, because of the work required.
- If you are renovating or extending a property.
- If you are a Landlord – having a current EICR is a legal requirement at five-yearly intervals.
What is an EICR
An Electrical Installation Condition Report involves a qualified and registered electrician ‘testing’ the condition of your property’s electrics. These tests will include inspecting sockets, switches, etc. to ensure there is no discolouration or loose wiring, and a test on the electrical circuits themselves.
Your report will indicate whether the electrical installation in the property is to the required standard. If everything is ok, we will issue you with the EIC Report. However, if you need any remedial work, the electrician will detail the list of faults and their severity. If this is the case, the test will have to be repeated, once all the issues get resolved. They then issue
an up-to-date EICR will reassure you that your property is safe. It is always worth checking your home insurance policy as some insurers require a recent report.
More information can be heard on this Podcast episode.
Why choose Doctor Electrical for your EICR
Electricians at Doctor Electrical are very experienced in carrying out this EICR testing procedure. Should your report indicate any faults, we will explain, precisely what they mean, and provide options for moving forward and making the installation safe. Should you engage us to undertake any work which the original report has identified (within 30 days of the first EICR). We will issue you with your completed EICR for FREE.
Doctor Electrical are always transparent on the cost of our service, saving you from any unexpected charges.
We endeavour to undertake your EICR within a few days of your enquiry. We understand that if you are a landlord or selling your home, having the report may be time-critical.